Collagen: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 scoops Body Kitchen collagen (we recommend Original Body Boost for baking)
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease the muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients first, then add the wet ingredients until everything is mixed evenly.
- Allow to sit for 10min to soak the chia seeds.
- Distribute batter evenly among the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 30min or until the muffins are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated for up to a week.
Skin care and body nourishment can be delicious:
These incredible muffins will not only taste amazing but you’re getting around 5g of pure collagen Di-Peptides per muffin! An excellent way to nourish skin, support joints, and recover muscles.
Let’s take a look at some of the key skin-support ingredients in this recipe:
Rolled Oats: have you noticed that some skin-care topicals are oatmeal based? Oatmeal can manage the excess oil on your skin which in turn relieves acne. It can also help treat dry skin due to its antioxidant capacity. They remove the dirt and oil that clog the pores and exfoliate the skin. ROLL WITH THE OATS!
Body Kitchen Collagen: collagen in the most abundant protein in the human body and Body Kitchen has formulated a clinical collagen of optimal quality that you can incorporate in recipes such as this one. Supplying each muffin with 5g of high quality collagen Di-Peptides. PROTEIN UP!
Chia Seeds: they might look tiny but they carry good amounts of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, about 75% Omega-3 and 20% Omega-6 to be exact. These fatty-acids support skin cell repair as well as protection in inflammatory conditions.
Apples: an apple a day keeps the dryness away! Apples’ antioxidant properties help prevent cell and tissue damage, collagen peptides are always happy to see apples entering the system. Studies have shown that apples influence skin flexibility due to their nutrient composition that supports collagen and elastin formation.
Bonus Secret: cinnamon will help your body manage insulin-resistance. By improving this process, cinnamon helps the body to use more glucose as energy instead of storing that glucose as fat-cells. NOW THAT’S PRETTY SWEET!
Bake some BK muffins! Impress your friends with these highly nutritious treats or simply enjoy them yourself as a healthy snack any time of the day, you deserve it!