End-Of-Summer Melon Smoothies with Collagen Powder
Smoothies are a delicious, simple way to increase your intake of fruit, and with the right smoothie add-ins, you can boost the nutritional value of your sipper. Read on to learn about the benefits of collagen peptides and why you should consider mixing some into watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon smoothies.
Adding Collagen to Your Diet
Collagen peptides are chains of collagen protein, the most abundant protein in your body. Supplementation with collagen may:
- Support skin elasticity and firmness
- Diminish the prominence of signs of aging
- Aid in the healing process following injuries
- Assist with joint and bone health
- Contribute to overall skin health
If you're a smoothie fan, collagen powder supplements can be a unique solution because you can mix a scoop or two into your favorite recipes.
Seasonal Produce Provides Ample Nutrition
When making smoothies, incorporating produce in season is always a stellar idea. Seasonal produce contains vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients like antioxidants. When you modify your smoothie routine to include what's currently in season, you can add variety to your diet and enjoy fruits and vegetables when they're the freshest.
Melon Smoothie Recipes for Summer
Melons are delicious this time of year. Here are some delicious ways that you can use some of the most popular varieties to revamp your collagen smoothies:
Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
- Remove seeds and cube 1.5 cups of fresh watermelon. Place in blender.
- Add 1 cup of frozen strawberries.
- Add the juice of one lime.
- Drop in one scoop of Body Kitchen Youthful Beauty Advanced Powder.
- Finish off with two to three mint leaves.
- Add ice, if desired.
- Blend until smooth.
Cantaloupe Smoothie Recipe
- Cut one small cantaloupe into 1" pieces.
- Place the cantaloupe in a resealable bag and freeze for at least four hours.
- Add frozen cantaloupe to the blender.
- Add 0.5 cup ice cubes.
- Slice 0.5 cup banana and add to blender.
- Mix in 0.25 cups of plain unsweetened Greek yogurt.
- Pour in 0.5 cup pineapple juice.
- Finish off with one scoop of Body Kitchen Youthful Beauty Advanced Powder.
- Blend until smooth.
Honeydew Smoothie Recipe
- Dice 5 cups of honeydew melon and add to the blender.
- Mix in 0.25 cups plain unsweetened Greek yogurt.
- Add 0.25 cup frozen pineapple.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Add 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix in one scoop of Body Kitchen Youthful Beauty Advanced Powder.
- Finish off with a pinch of kosher salt and 1 to 2 mint leaves, if desired.
- Blend well.
Which Collagen Powders Are the Best Smoothie Add-Ins?
When choosing collagen powder to use as a smoothie-add in, consider all of the following.
Number of Dipeptides Per Serving
Collagen powders that contain more significant numbers of dipeptides provide more of the building blocks that form collagen fibers per serving. The increased amount may increase absorption to enhance the benefits of collagen supplementation. Body Kitchen Youthful Beauty Advanced Powder includes 30 times more dipeptides than many competitors.
Source of Collagen
Collagen powders may contain one or more of the following types of collagen:
- Type 1: Found in skin, tendons, bones, and ligaments
- Type 2: Found in joints
- Type 3: Found in muscles, blood vessels, and organs
- Type 4: Found in skin
- Type 5: Found in eyes
Supplements that contain collagen derived from a single source will usually provide a limited number of types of collagen. Body Kitchen Youthful Beauty Advanced Powder features both marine and bovine collagen to give a complete profile.
Some collagen powders contain supportive ingredients that offer additional benefits. Body Kitchen Youthful Beauty Advanced Powder brings two other key elements to your smoothie recipes:
- Resveratrol: A powerful antioxidant, resveratrol helps to break down free radicals. These harmful particles in UV and environmental pollutants damage and destroy healthy body cells, causing oxidative stress. Studies have found that oxidative stress contributes to aging and increases the risk of many health problems.
- Hyaluronic acid: This fluid is found naturally in joints where it works with cartilage to help insulate the bones. In addition, hyaluronic acid is a humectant, a substance that draws moisture. As a result, it may help increase hydration levels in the skin to reduce signs of dryness.