This is the first of many collaborations with Body Kitchen’s m-Edible Wellness, a new revolutionary line of Patent-Pending, Di-Peptide Fortified Collagen Powders and Capsules.
Why Body Kitchen?
I love their philosophy and approach to health, overall wellness and beauty.
What we choose to put into our bodies inevitably affects pretty much everything; from our appearances (think quality of skin, hair and nails) and physical health (digestion, energy, mood) to our mental health and overall wellness. So, Body Kitchent m got into the kitchen and figured out a way to make collagen differently! They developed and patented a scientific method of enzymatically extracting two of collagen’s rarest peptides and fortified their Fresh-Water Marine and Grass-Fed Bovine collagen with this 30X Super Di-Peptide concentration, making their collagen the strongest one currently on the market.*
Bombarded daily by skin care commercials and ads, we all know about the benefits of applying collagen topically, but skin cream only goes…skin deep!
Collagen dietary supplements are all the rage right now because the benefits of ingestible collagen are undeniable, however, they all contain the same amount of collagen.
Body Kitchen’s Di-Peptide Fortified 30X super concentration formula sets them apart from the rest. Peptides act as building blocks, renewing body tissues, such as skin, bones, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and joints*…and this is where I come in!
As a fitness instructor, I teach about 12-15 classes a week, and between the sweating, showering, washing my hair, face and hands more times than I care to list, and the impact of intense physical activity on my joints, bones and muscles, I can personally attest to the benefits of adding collagen to your diet.
While I am going to dig REAL deep into this over time, for now, some reasons why incorporating Body Kitchen Di-Peptide Fortified Collagen into your routine and why I take it are:
- Total body benefits for hair, skin and nails – think STRONGER and LONGER!
- Improves fine lines, wrinkles, bones and joints
- Helps with sports recovery
- Helps to speed up wound recovery
Sticking with the kitchen theme… I’m bringing you a couple of moves to help get your body moving and blood flowing while you have a few extra minutes …in the kitchen!!
Shout out to all the hustlers, busy mamas, creators, people on the go, and anyone looking to add a little switch up to their routine. Doesn’t matter what you do, just do something! It’s all about adding flavor to the little moments, shaking things up. It’s all about what you need and what you can fit in! It’s not about doing everything, but finding little pockets of time to fill your space with good energy. So even for a few minutes, these movements can help you give a little extra love to your body and yourself.
Small steps to big changes and better practices can happen whether you’re waiting for your coffee to brew, water to boil, or waiting for your oven to preheat, why not take a few minutes for yourself? This morning, I tried it. And it was awesome.
But first, a few things to note:
- Depending on how much space you have in your kitchen, please modify as needed. Living in New York City, I spent a year working with my kitchenette- needless to say, it was tiny. I took that into consideration in choosing these moves and I made them work, so don’t be afraid to get creative with your space.
- Degree of difficulty: Don’t be afraid to modify as needed to maintain form! It’s always better to be safe than sorry. I am ALL about challenging ourselves, but we have to protect our bodies. Remember, it’s always better to be safe. That said, in addition to my descriptions, there is so much information available on the Internet so when in doubt, check it out.
- Use whatever is in your kitchen and get creative. Dish towels, cans, bags of flour/sugar and rolling pins are a great start!
I’ll be breaking Body Kitchen workouts into 3 sections: Stretch, Cardio and Strength. Through my several posts, you will be able to choose combinations of these moves to mix and match so you can find the best way to use your body in your space.
Irrespective of your fitness level or level of activity, the benefits of stretching like collagen affect your overall health and wellness, as well as your beauty! Stretching before and after exercising, or simply just stretching after a long day in front of the computer, increases blood flow and keeps your muscles flexible, strong and healthy. Stretching also supports range of motion in the joints and is an amazing way to relieve stress.
Here are a few ideas to stretch those legs out!
- Touch your toes. Bend at the waist and keeping your head and neck in a neutral position, place your hands on your quads or knees and walk your hands further down, taking care to lengthen the spine as you find your way to your toes.
- Find an elevated place to place your foot, stretching and lengthening the hamstrings. Find a stretch that feels somewhat difficult, and try to hold that stretch and breathe through it for five to ten seconds.
- Stretch the calf muscles by placing the your heel on floor, the ball of your foot upward against the wall, leaning forward into it. Try this stretch for 30 seconds on one side, and then switch.
*Use whatever is around you.
- The counter or a stool for elevation
- A towel or dish towel you can use to wrap around your feet and ease the stretch
- Foam roller
- Small ball to roll out problem areas!
And because this is all about feeling good from the inside out, do not forget to add 2 scoops of Body Kitchen Di-Peptide Fortified Collagen…
…In your post- workout smoothie In your coffee,
In your tea,
In your orange juice,
My morning creation, post-kitchen circuit, is an Iced Almond Milk Latte with 2 scoops of Body Kitchen’s Youthful Beauty collagen!! Enjoying mine – and hoping you enjoy yours!